- Type: Building Services, Electrical & Plumbing | Vocational Courses
- Level: 1
- Study Mode: Full-time
- Start: September 2022
- Duration: 1 year
About the course
For candidates interested in working towards becoming a qualified plumber. This qualification will provide you with the basic hand skills and knowledge through studying the structure of the construction industry, fundamental safe working practices, environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings, site preparation for working in the construction industry, above ground drainage, copper pipework, plastic pressure pipe, low carbon steel pipework, installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing systems and plumbing science.
How much does it cost?
Free to those aged 16-18. If you are aged 19+ you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan.
There is a range of financial support that you may be entitled to, including: Learner Support funds, grants and bursaries and employer support.
City & Guilds
As a plumber, you may work in some following areas:
- Installing and repairing water supplies, heating systems and drainage
- Installing soil pipes and guttering
- Installing bathrooms and central heating systems
To become a plumber, you will need to be able to follow technical drawings and plans, have good practical and problem-solving skills, a careful, well planned out approach to work and be able to use hand and power tools to a competent standard.
You will need an awareness of health, safety and legal regulations and to be able to work as part of a team as well as alone. Good customer service skills will be vital.
95% of students passed unit 210 Communicating with others first time.
64% of fulltime L2 Grp 1 learners secure apprenticeships/ fulltime work upon completion of their course.
72% retention - L1 learners moving onto L2
Industry trained staff with a wealth of experience.
Where will this course take me?
- Domestic Plumber
- Heating and Ventilation Engineer (Commercial/Industrial)
- Heating and Ventilation Engineer (Service and Maintenance)
- Gas Engineer
- Environmental Technologies Technician
- Structure of the construction industry
- Fundamental safe working practices
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Above ground drainage
- Copper pipework
- Plastic pressure pipe
- Low carbon steel pipework
- Installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing systems
- Plumbing science
How will I be assessed?
- Holistic assessment
- Direct Observation
- Portfolio of evidence (could be electronic)
- Professional discussions.
- Witness Testimony
- Knowledge and Understanding.
Will I have to provide anything?
Personal Protective Equipment
Basic Hand tools – (Lists will be provided at the enrolment stage)
Basic stationary – (Lists will be provided at the enrolment stage)
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course