- Type: Vocational Courses | Building Services, Electrical & Plumbing
- Level: 2
- Study Mode: Full-time
- Start: September 2019
- Duration: 1 year
About the course
The qualification covers many areas within Electro technical technology, units such as principles of electrical science, electrical installations technology and health and safety within Building Services industry. It offers an extensive choice and flexibility for learners to demonstrate competence in one or more of a broad variety of building services activities.
4 GCSEs grade 2 or above including Maths & English. Positive reference from school or previous college and a minimum of 85% attendance.
How much does it cost?
Free to those aged 16-18. If you are aged 19+ you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan.
There is a range of financial support that you may be entitled to, including: Learner Support funds, grants and bursaries and employer support.
If you are enrolled on the Building Services (Plumbing) qualification, you will study installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing systems, above ground drainage, pipework (copper, plastic, low carbon steel) and plumbing science. If you are enrolled on the Building Services (Electrical) qualification, you will study wiring and terminals, fabrication techniques, and electrical science and technology.
Where will this course take me?
Our qualifications can lead directly into employment, offering you the chance to develop your skills and knowledge to a high competency standard.
- Working Safely in an Engineering Environment
- Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
- Using and communicating Technical information
- Producing Components using Hand Fitting Techniques
- Wiring and testing electrical equipment and circuits
- Forming and assembling pipework systems
- Forming and assembling electrical cable enclosure and support systems
- Assembling, wiring, testing electrical panels/components mounted in enclosures
How will I be assessed?
The qualification is assessed by:
- Holistic assessment
- Direct Observation
- Portfolio of evidence (could be electronic)
- Professional discussions.
- Witness Testimony
- Knowledge and Understanding.
Will I have to provide anything?
Personal Protective Equipment
Basic Hand tools – (Lists will be provided at the enrolment stage)
Basic stationary – (Lists will be provided at the enrolment stage)
Flame retardant Overalls
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course