- Apply Now!
- Type: Building Services, Electrical & Plumbing | Vocational Courses
- Level: 2
- Study Mode: Full-time
- Start: September 2023
- Duration: 1 year
Please note that all courses are subject to a minimum number in order to run
About the course
For candidates who want to work as plumbers in the building services engineering sector. This qualification does not make candidates fully qualified plumbers but enables them to gain the relevant hand skills and knowledge through studying Health and safety, Electrical principles, Scientific principles, Plumbing processes, Cold water systems, Hot water systems, Sanitation, Central heating systems and Drainage systems.
Grade 4 in Maths and English or completion of a Level 1 building services course.
How much does it cost?
Free to those aged 16-18. If you are aged 19+ you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan.
There is a range of financial support that you may be entitled to, including: Learner Support funds, grants and bursaries and employer support.
City & Guilds
As a plumber, you may work in some following areas:
- Installing and repairing water supplies, heating systems and drainage
- Installing soil pipes and guttering
- Installing bathrooms and central heating systems
To become a plumber, you will need to be able to follow technical drawings and plans, have good practical and problem-solving skills, a careful, well planned out approach to work and be able to use hand and power tools to a competent standard.
You will need an awareness of health, safety and legal regulations and to be able to work as part of a team as well as alone. Good customer service skills will be vital.
Industry trained staff with a wealth of experience.
Where will this course take me?
- Domestic Plumber
- Heating and Ventilation Engineer (Commercial/Industrial)
- Heating and Ventilation Engineer (Service and Maintenance)
- Gas Engineer
- Environmental Technologies Technician
- Health and Safety and Industry Practices
- Plumbing Processes
- Electrical and Scientific Principles
- Cold Water
- Hot Water
- Central Heating
- Sanitation and Drainage
How will I be assessed?
- Holistic assessment
- Direct Observation
- Portfolio of evidence (could be electronic)
- Professional discussions.
- Witness Testimony
- Knowledge and Understanding.
Will I have to provide anything?
Personal Protective Equipment
Basic Hand tools – (Lists will be provided at the enrolment stage)
Basic stationary – (Lists will be provided at the enrolment stage)
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course