- Type: Creative Digital Media | Vocational Courses | Higher Education | Visual Arts
- Level: 4
- Study Mode: Full-time
- Start: September 2023
- Duration: 1 year 3-4 days a week
Please note that all courses are subject to a minimum application number in order to run
About the course
The UAL Level 4 Professional Diploma in Creative Enterprise is an exciting, practical one year creative business start-up course aimed at those with the dream of starting their own creative business.
The qualification develops business skills and awareness, expands your industry contacts through professional collaboration and networking, and helps you build a strong creative portfolio within your own creative specialism.
The qualification is for anyone who is interested in starting their own creative projects or company. It will support those who want to gain industry knowledge and experience and test a business idea with the support and guidance of specialist mentors.
- A Portfolio of Media or Art & Design work to show at interview
- Relevant Level 3 qualification (minimum Merit grade), e.g. BTEC, UAL, A Level or Access to HE Diploma or relevant apprenticeship
- UAL Awarding Body recommends that students have GCSE grade 4 or grade C (or an equivalent level 2 qualification) in both English and Maths
- Approved Age range 18+
- Mature students may have commensurate work/business /industry related experience that may be considered
- Pitch us your ideas for a start-up project. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
How much does it cost?
Free to those aged 18. Fees apply to this course if you're aged 19+ You can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan. Contact Us or call 01279 868100 to get the most up-to-date info on fees and the financial support that may be available
A materials fee of approximately £100 is payable at the beginning of the year to contribute towards compulsory trips, industry speakers, consumable materials such as photographic paper, paint, printing ink, makeup FX & prosthetics essentials, props, costume and set design materials.
UAL (University of the Arts London)
The course runs across one year and three units, developing an inspiring and challenge range of key business skills, creative portfolio development, professional briefs and concluding in the creation of a professional business plan, to be presented to a 'Dragon's Den' panel of professionals.
The content will typically cover the following:
- Brand creation and positioning
- Customer analysis
- Marketing of idea and self
- Industry networking
- Exploration of creative portfolio skills/techniques
- Finance planning/fundraising
- Intellectual Property and legislation
- Specialist mentoring
Where will this course take me?
- Employment / Self-employment – Students completing this qualification may set up their own creative company or progress directly into employment, specifically into roles such as freelancer, account manager, consultant, talent manager, art director or producer within the creative industries
- Higher education – The qualification will support students to develop a portfolio of work, enabling them to progress to higher education courses
- Unit 1 The Creative Entrepreneur
Students will demonstrate learning outcomes have been met in a variety of ways. A creative enterprise portfolio of evidence will be the main form of evidence generated.
- Unit 2 The Creative Practitioner
Research and a development portfolio of evidence will be the main form of evidence generated.
- Unit 3 The Creative Enterprise
Students will demonstrate that the learning outcomes have been met by submitting the following types of evidence:
> Creative enterprise business plan
> Pitch the creative enterprise business plan
How will I be assessed?
3 mandatory units to be achieved. Achievement is based on a student’s ability to meet the learning outcomes through a range of course work. All units must at a minimum be passed. Units 1 and 2 can be awarded a grade of Pass only.
Unit 3 can be awarded a grade of Pass, Merit or Distinction.
Students must successfully complete the formative units, Units 1 and 2, before moving onto the summative unit, Unit 3.
The overall grade for the Level 4 Professional Diploma in Creative Enterprise is determined by the student’s achievement in Unit 3.
Will I have to provide anything?
Materials fee £100
Hard drive to store media digital content
Art kit/ camera and portfolio (depending on pathway)
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course