- Type: Vocational Courses | Creative Digital Media | Journalism
- Level: 3
- Study Mode: Full-time
- Start: September 2019
- Duration: One year for the Diploma
About the course
This course is designed to take advantage of the growing number of jobs in social media and PR. The course heavily relies on the use of smartphone and digital technology as students develop their communication skills to generate media campaigns, press kits, and YouTube and social media content. Students will learn a range of skills including how to rebrand products, writing press releases, shooting media campaign videos, and how to generate their own content for YouTube. Whether you want to become a press officer, PR executive, YouTuber or social media influencer then this is the course for you!
4 GCSEs Level 4 and above
UAL (University of the Arts London)
- Creating PR campaigns
- Generating material for YouTube
- Working with social media
- Writing press releases
- Working with the press and public
- Shooting and editing video
- Generating ideas, brands and slogans
- Using smartphones and digital technology
Where will this course take me?
- Press Officer
- Advertising / Marketing Executive
- Social Media Manager
- Content Producer
Key Facts or Statistics about course/area:
- The Harlow School of Journalism is the oldest journalism school in the country.
- The school has many household names among its alumni including Piers Morgan, Richard Madeley, Sophie Ridge, Alan Rusbridger, John Stapleton, Charlie Hedges, Steve Lamacq, Kelvin Mackenzie, and Phil Hall.
- 100% success rate for Year 2 UAL students in 2017 and 2018.
- 100% of Year 2 students graduated with a merit or distinction in 2018.
- 87% of students achieved a merit or distinction in 2017.
- 100% of Year 2s completed work experience.
- Recent guest speakers included Trisha Goddard, and Kevin Maguire and Andrew Pierce.
- Appointment of John Stapleton and Alan Rusbridger as Patrons for the Harlow College School of Journalism.
There are 13 units of study on the 2-year Extended Diploma, and 8 units on the 1-year Diploma. Both courses culminate in a final major project.
How will I be assessed?
Coursework (designed to replicate work-like tasks and environment).
Attendance mode / pattern:
- Harlow College - UCH / with attendance
- Daytime / working hours
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course