- Level: 2 & 3
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Time: 6-9pm
- Duration: 12 weeks
About the course
This course combines our IMI L2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Routine Maintenance and the L3 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement award sized qualifications designed specifically for people working in the automotive trade who would like to develop their understanding and knowledge of working with electric/hybrid vehicles.
If you are a member of the IMI, you can use this qualification to gain IMI TechSafe™ accreditation, and therefore the ability to easily demonstrate to colleagues, customers and professionals that you’re fully qualified to be working on EV vehicles and/or vehicles with ADAS technologies.
For those people who may encounter electric/hybrid vehicles within their workplace.
How much does it cost?
The full fee for this course is: £649
Funding to cover the fees for this course is available from Essex County Council if you are an Automotive technician either living or working in Essex. There are a limited number of these funded spaces available.
Contact Us or call 01279 868100 to get the most up-to-date info on fees and the financial support that may be available.
Where will this course take me?
This qualification will help support your progression onto qualifications that further develop their knowledge and skills within a technical role, carrying out repair and replacement of high voltage components on Electric/Hybrid vehicles in particular our Level 4 Award in the Diagnosis, Testing and Repair of Electric/Hybrid Vehicles and Components.
A course combining the L2 and L3 qualifications, there are three units covering the following skills:
- Electric/hybrid vehicle system components and operation
- Hazards surrounding electric/hybrid vehicles
- How to reduce the risks to yourself and others when working on electric/hybrid vehicles
- Safely preparing the vehicle when carrying routine maintenance (NOT high voltage components or systems)
- Working safely on an electric/hybrid vehicle,
- Using information to carry out the task,
- Carrying out repairs on high energy electrical systems,
- Recording information and making suitable recommendations.
How will I be assessed?
The course includes multiple choice and practical assessments.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course