- Type: Building Services, Electrical & Plumbing | Construction & Civil Engineering | Vocational Courses
- Level: 2
- Study Mode: Full-time
- Start: September 2022
- Duration: 1 or 2 Years
About the course
This programme is a practical, work-related course. You will learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations. It covers the basic underpinning knowledge and technical practical skills needed to be an Electrician. The programme provides a good foundation for future careers opportunities or progression on to a more advanced work-related qualification.
Successful completion of the Level 2 Building Services course or 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above including Maths, Science and English.
How much does it cost?
Free to those aged 16-18
There is a range of financial support that you may be entitled to, including: Learner Support funds, grants and bursaries and employer support.
Textbooks, uniform, boots, toolkit, pens, stationery and folders approx. cost £150.
City & Guilds
On this programme you will experience a wide range of learning activities (target centred), this will include:
- Practical workshop sessions
- Skill enhancement demonstrations
- Formal talks
Individually based projects using specially designed learning materials on our Virtual Learning Environment.
Where will this course take me?
Level 3 Diploma or onto the Level 3 Apprenticeship route before seeking employment.
- Domestic Appliance Service Engineer
- Electrical Engineering technician
- Electrical Improver
- Refrigeration and Ventilation Engineer
- Electronic Engineering technician
- 201/501 - Health and safety in building services engineering
- 202 - Principles of electrical science
- 203 - Electrical installations technology
- 204 - Installation of wiring systems and enclosures
- 210 - Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
You will have the opportunity to attend:
- Talk by visiting speakers during careers and industry week
- Visit industrial sites
- Be involved in other areas of the construction industry
How will I be assessed?
Practical workshop activities, formal lectures, daily target achievement, use of specially designed learning materials, individual study, modular, within and outside programme hours.
Will I have to provide anything?
Textbooks, uniform, boots, toolkit, pens, stationery and folders. Approx cost £150.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course