- Type: Up-skill Your Workforce | Vocational Courses | Part-time & Adult Courses | Hospitality & Catering
- Level: 2
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: 10 February 2020 | 18 May 2020
- Time: 9.00am – 3.30pm
- Duration: 1 day
- Full Fee: £70
About the course
This is a certified course that is essential if you are considering working within the Hospitality and Catering Industry. You will look at the safe and hygienic handling of food, gain a knowledge and understanding of food poisoning and food borne disease, preservation of food, cleaning and disinfection, personal hygiene, pest control and legal requirements and responsibilities.
A good understanding of the English Language
How much does it cost?
Who is it suitable for?
Suitable for those working in the catering, food manufacturing and retail food sectors.
The course focuses on eight key areas:
- The law
- Food safety hazards
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding of foods
- Cooking, hot holding and re-heating of foods
- Food handling
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment
Where will this course take me?
Employment in the catering industry
- Award for Personal Licence holders
- Working in the catering industry
- NVQ in Hospitality
How will I be assessed?
Externally marked multiple choice exam paper at the end of the day
Will I have to provide anything?
A course handbook will be supplied to you on the day, however you may wish to bring a pen and paper to make additional notes.
YOU MUST BRING PHOTOGRAPHIC IDENITFICATION TO BE ABLE TO SIT THE EXAM