- Type: Up-skill Your Workforce | Professional / Vocational | Vocational Courses | Part-time & Adult Courses | Hospitality & Catering
- Level: 2
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: Throughout the year
- Time: 9.30am-4.30pm – including the exam at end of day
- Duration: 1 day
- Full Fee: £15.00 per person
About the course
This is a certified course that is essential if you are considering working within the Hospitality and Catering Industry. You will look at the safe and hygienic handling of food, gain a knowledge and understanding of food poisoning and food borne disease, preservation of food, cleaning and disinfection, personal hygiene, pest control and legal requirements and responsibilities.
A good understanding of the English Language
How much does it cost?
£15.00 per person (includes a food safety handbook)
Who is it suitable for?
Suitable for those working in the catering, food manufacturing and retail food sectors.
The course focuses on eight key areas:
- The law
- Food safety hazards
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding of foods
- Cooking, hot holding and re-heating of foods
- Food handling
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment
Where will this course take me?
Employment in the catering industry
- Award for Personal Licence holders
- Working in the catering industry
- NVQ in Hospitality
How will I be assessed?
Externally marked multiple choice exam paper at the end of the day
Will I have to provide anything?
A course handbook will be supplied to you on the day, however you may wish to bring a pen and paper to make additional notes.
YOU MUST BRING PHOTOGRAPHIC IDENITFICATION TO BE ABLE TO SIT THE EXAM