- Type: Vocational Courses | Hair & Beauty
- Level: 1
- Study Mode: Full-time
- Start: September 2019
- Duration: 3 days per week
About the course
This course will give you the skills and knowledge you need to provide basic shampoo and condition, styling men's and women's hair, plaiting and twisting, the art of dressing hair, salon reception duties, hair make-up, manicure and pedicure treatments. You will gain an insight into working in the sector and knowledge of the health, safety and hygiene requirements.
How much does it cost?
Kit approx. £187.00
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification route is for stylists who want to develop career in hairdressing.
City & Guilds
Where will this course take me?
Salon job opportunities
Setting up your own business
Progression onto Level 2 & 3 Hairdressing and Barbering
- Introduction to the Hair and Beauty sector
- Present a professional image
- Follow health and safety practice in the salon
- Working with others in the hair and beauty sector
- Shampoo and condition
- Create an image using colour in the Hair and Beauty Sector
- Styling Women's Hair
- Styling Men's Hair
- Plaiting and Twisting
- Salon Reception
- The Art of Colouring Hair
- The Art of Dressing Hair
- Shaping and colouring eyebrows
How will I be assessed?
Observation of performance, assignments and exams.
Will I have to provide anything?
Textbook, USB memory stick, stationery, uniform, kit.