- Type: Higher National Certificate & Diploma | Higher Education | Higher Education | Health & Social Care
- Level: 4
- Study Mode: Full-time
- Duration: 1 year
- Study Pattern: 2.5 days p/w
- Start Date: September 2023
- Location: Harlow College Campus
- Awarding Body: Pearson
This course is subject to validation. You can still apply for this course while it is being approved.
Level 3 Access Diploma or equivalent Level 3 qualification (e.g. A-Levels) and GCSEs Grade C (or above) for Maths and English (or equivalent (e.g. Pass at Functional Skills Level 2).
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone looking to start a career in the health and social care sector.
About the course
This course boasts a real-world integrated approach to learning in the healthcare sector. It has been designed to equip students with the healthcare practice skills, knowledge and the understanding necessary to achieve high performance in the global health and social care environment. Students will be able to progress on to the Level 5 HND in Healthcare Practice. Students also have the option of converting their qualification into a degree by studying an additional year at university.
The course covers a range of subjects including law, policy and ethical practice, professional principals and values, supporting the individual, evidence-based practice, sociological and psychological perspectives, and supporting adults in residential care.
Classes are taught though face-to-face lectures and 1-2-1 meetings. Students will engage in group work, research projects and flip-learning.
Where will this course take me?
HND Healthcare Practice
Jobs in the health and care sector can include (but are not limited to) any of the following job roles: healthcare practitioner, residential care home, home care assistant, social worker, counselling.
- Law, Policy and Ethical Practice in Health and Social Care
- Demonstrating Professional Principals and Values in Health and Social Care Practice
- Supporting the Individual Journey through Integrated Health and Social Care
- Fundamentals of Evidence-based Practice
- Sociological and Psychological Perspectives on Health
- Supporting Adults in Residential Care
- Effective Reporting and Record-keeping in Health and Social Care Services
How much does it cost?
Fees for new learners on HNC Year 1 are £5990
Fees for learners moving from HNC to HND (direct entry to year 2) are £5990
Fees for learners moving from HND year 1 to HND year 2 are £5990 (cost of living rise only = 3%).
You may access a student loan for the fees and maintenance.
The Student Finance England website has full details and you can use their calculator to see what help you may be entitled to.
Included in the fee:
- £10 free printing per year
- All tuition and assessment
Not included in the fee:
- Printing over £10
- Cost of trips
- Cost of residential visits
- Basic stationery
*There may be additional costs for this course
Teaching & Learning
Teaching will be a combination of individual, paired and group work. Assessment methods will vary for each module but will be a range of:
- Written assessment
- Practical assessments
- Work based learning
- Action research
Assessment & Feedback
Essays, research projects, presentations, observations, timed written assessment.