Chef – Junior Chefs' Academy
- Type: Hospitality & Catering
- Level: Introduction
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: Wednesday, 09 May 2018
- Time: Wednesdays: 4.30pm-7.00pm | Last Saturday: 9.30am-2.30pm
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Full Fee: £75 plus £5 per person for celebration lunch
About the course
Chefs' Academy runs for 10 weeks. For nine weeks it is on a Wednesday evening. The last week is on a Saturday for a celebration lunch.
This is a unique course for students aged 14-16 designed to attract and develop young talent into the hospitality and catering industry. There are lots of reasons to come to the Junior chef's Academy:
- You'll get a cookbook, training, skills and food – all included in the cost
- You'll be able to take home the food you make
- You get to make delicious desserts as well as savoury dishes
- You'll make new friends
- Invite friends and family to a final week graduation
No special entry requirements
How much does it cost?
£75 plus £5 per person for the celebration lunch
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone interested in a career in the Hospitality sector
Learn some cookery skills and get a taste of what its like to work in a professional kitchen.
Where will this course take me?
Consider becoming at full-time catering student or become an Apprentice working in the catering industry.
How will I be assessed?
No formal assessment
Will I have to provide anything?
Apron, sensible shoes, hair tied back. Bring a container to take your completed products home in.