- Apply Now
- Type: Vocational Courses | Visual Arts
- Level: 3
- Study Mode: Full-time
- Start: September 2023
- Duration: Diploma 1 year, Extended Diploma 2 years
Please note that all courses are subject to a minimum number in order to run
About the course
Are you looking for a career in photography? This course will prepare you for studio and location photography working in fashion, sport, travel, food, portraits, wedding, photo journalism, forensics, teaching, fine art and many other avenues of photography. You will experience both digital and traditional photography. This course is suitable for students looking to pursue a specialist career in the creative industries. It provides students with the necessary industry relevant skills, knowledge and understanding to access appropriate entry level roles, training programmes or apprenticeships in the creative sector.
UAL Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma in Creative Practice: Art, Design and Communication (Photography)
4 GCSEs Grades 9-4. GCSE English Language grade 4 or above preferred. GCSE Art (or other creative subject) grade 4 or above preferred
Merit Level 2 Diploma Art and Design
How much does it cost?
Free to those aged 16-18. If you are aged 19+ you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan.
There is a range of financial support that you may be entitled to, including: Learner Support funds, grants and bursaries and employer support.
£75 Studio charge to cover cost of materials and £75 for trips. Financial help from Bursary may be available towards cost of the studio charge and camera.
UAL (University of the Arts London)
The course offers a range of specialist and professional skills, such as thinking creatively and working to briefs with deadlines. It is a great pathway to Higher Education or employment through learning a wide cross-section of specialist and professional transferrable skills such as working to deadlines, thinking creatively and working effectively as part of a team.
Where will this course take me?
Careers within the creative industries or progression onto university.
- Unit 1 – Introduction to Visual Language in Art & Design
- Unit 2 – Introduction to Research Skills in Art & Design
- Unit 3 – Introduction to Critical and Contextual awareness in Art & Design
- Unit 4 – Introduction to Materials, Processes and Technical Skills
- Unit 5 – An Integrated approach to 2D problem Solving
- Unit 6 - An Integrated approach to 3D
- Problem Solving
- Unit 7 – An Integrated Approach to Time-Based Problem Solving
- Unit 8 –Developing and Art & Design Project
- Unit 9 – Art & Design Opportunities for Progression in Art & Design
- Unit 10 – Credit Value 24 / GLH 150
- Art & Design Characteristics and Context
- Unit 11 - Credit Value 6/ 30 GLH Preparation for progression in art & design.
- Unit 12 – Engaging with an Audience in Art & Design
- Unit 13 – Art & Design Proposal and Realisation
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is unit based through lectures, practical assignments, group discussions, essays and regular educational visits to galleries and museums. In addition there will be a final project at the end of each year. You will take part in regular discussions about progress with your learner mentor.
Will I have to provide anything?
You must provide your own digital SLR camera.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course