- Type: Vocational Courses | Sport
- Level: 3
- Study Mode: Full-time
- Start: September 2022
- Duration: 2 Years
About the course
This course is ideal if you are interested in the sport and leisure industry and enjoy sport and physical activity with an opportunity of specialising in sports at university.
4 GCSEs grades 4 -9 or a Merit at a relevant Level 2 Diploma
How much does it cost?
Free to those aged 16-18. If you are aged 19+ you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan.
There is a range of financial support that you may be entitled to, including: Learner Support funds, grants and bursaries and employer support.
£10 per month for gym membership.
Combinations of theory and practical units have been selected to provide the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills in a wide range of areas related to the sports and leisure industry.
Where will this course take me?
Higher education to specialise in an area of sport or employment in the following areas: sports coaching, fitness instruction, sports development, leisure/sports assistant.
- Exercise, health and lifestyle
- Preparing for a career in sport and physical activity
- Principles of anatomy and physiology
- Applied exercise physiology
- Fitness testing for sport and exercise
- Research project in sport and exercise sciences
- Psychology for sports performance
- Practical team sports
- Assessing risk in sport
- Sports nutrition
- Technical and tactical skills in sport
- Analysis of sports performance
- The athlete’s lifestyle
- Current issues in sport
- Sports injuries
- Leadership in sport
- Ethics and values in sport
- Personal and professional development
How will I be assessed?
Practical assessment and written coursework.
Will I have to provide anything?
Paper, pens, a folder, memory stick, A4 lined note pad, A4 lever arch file. There will be a contribution to pay in both years to cover various costs of kit and trips.
A cost of £100 to cover educational visits across the year and kit. Any underspend is reimbursed to students at the end of the year.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course