Understanding Autism – Level 3
- Type: Social Care | e-Learning
- Start Date: Throughout the year
- Duration: 18-20 weeks based on 4 hours of study a week
- Study Mode: Online Learning
- Full Fee: £0-£811
Please note that all courses are subject to a minimum application number in order to run
- Aged 19 or over on the 1st August 2021
- It may be helpful if you have already achieved a Level 2 qualification in a related subject.
About the course
This qualification is designed for those who want to increase their knowledge and understanding of autism and completion will support progression into employment within the health and social care sector. You will gain knowledge and understanding of autism, including: how to adopt a positive approach to supporting individuals with autism, the current legislative framework relating to individuals with autism and how different theories have developed over time how to support and manage transitions for individuals with autism.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 3 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you, without the need to attend college
What you will learn
- Autism in context
- Positive behavioural support for autistic individuals
- Support and management of transitions for autistic individuals
- Therapeutic interventions and support available for autistic individuals and co-occurring conditions
- Safeguarding and resilience in autism
How much does it cost?
The fee for this course is: £811
Full funding is available for this course to any adult aged 24 and over who wants to achieve their first full level 3 qualification, which is equivalent to an advanced technical certificate or diploma, or two full A levels. 19 to 23 year olds will continue to be eligible for their first full level 3 via the adult education budget, and for any additional qualifications made available through this offer.
This course can also be funded through an Advanced Learner Loan
Contact Us or call 01279 868100 to get the most up-to-date info on fees and the financial support that may be available.