Understanding Autism – Level 3
- Type: Free Courses for Jobs | Social Care | e-Learning
- Start Date: Throughout the year
- Duration: 18-20 weeks based on 4 hours of study a week
- Study Mode: Online Learning
- Full Fee: £0-£811
- Aged 19 or over on the 1st August 2021
- It may be helpful if you have already achieved a Level 2 qualification in a related subject.
About the course
This qualification is designed for those who want to increase their knowledge and understanding of autism and completion will support progression into employment within the health and social care sector. You will gain knowledge and understanding of autism, including: how to adopt a positive approach to supporting individuals with autism, the current legislative framework relating to individuals with autism and how different theories have developed over time how to support and manage transitions for individuals with autism.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 3 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you, without the need to attend college
What you will learn
- Autism in context
- Positive behavioural support for autistic individuals
- Support and management of transitions for autistic individuals
- Therapeutic interventions and support available for autistic individuals and co-occurring conditions
- Safeguarding and resilience in autism
How much does it cost?
The fee for this course is: £811
As part of the Free Courses for Jobs offer, the tuition fees for some courses are paid by the UK Government. You may be eligible for this funding if you:
- are 19 or over and do not already have a level 3 qualification, or
- already have a level 3 qualification or higher but earn below the National Living Wage annually (£20,319 from April 2022), or
- already have a level 3 qualification or higher but are unemployed
If you are not eligible for funding under the Free Courses for Jobs offer an Advanced Learner Loan may be available to help you cover the costs of learning, which you pay back when you are earning over a certain amount. 19 to 23 year olds will continue to be eligible for their first full level 3 via the adult education budget, and for any additional qualifications made available through this offer.