Welcome to e-Learning at Harlow College
Our free* online e-Learning Level 2 courses are completed at distance and are a great way to achieve a nationally recognised qualification, working at your own pace.
About our e-Learning Courses
Our courses cover a broad range of subjects to help you with your professional or personal development. These 100% online courses give the opportunity to study a nationally recognised qualification wherever and whenever you want, from Principles of Team Leading and ‘Business Administration’ to ‘Nutrition and Health’ and ‘Awareness of Mental Health Problems’, without any need to attend college.
Typically, the courses take 6-10 weeks to complete, but can be completed over a shorter or longer period to suit your needs. Once enrolment is completed you are given access to the learning resources and assessments and can work through the course at your own pace. Throughout the time you are in learning you have the support of a personal assessor to assist with any questions, they will also assess your assessments and provide you with feedback on how performed and feed forward on what you could do to improve.
You can only study ONE course at a time, however, once you have completed your course you can apply for another, up to a maximum of four courses each academic year (August to July). When applying please do not submit more than one application at once, as doing so will significantly delay your application being processed.
How long does it take to complete an e-Learning course?
As most of our courses are Level 2 (the equivalent of a GCSE) we advise you to commit a minimum of 4 hours a week to be able to manage the deadlines comfortably and fulfil the learning requirements. The full course duration varies course by course and is dependent on units and your understanding of the subject, but typically the courses can be completed in 6 to 10 weeks based on 4 hours of study per week.
*No upfront costs
Our Level 2 e-Learning courses are fully funded via the Government Adult Education Budget. If you meet the criteria there is no cost to you.
To receive full funding, you must:
- Be aged 19 or over on 1st September 2021
- Be a resident of England
- Be a British Citizen or have been living in the EU for purposes other than study (if you have had a student visa within the last three years you will not be eligible for funding)
- Have not completed this course or a similar course previously (refresher courses cannot be funded or if you have a qualification that is a similar course at a higher level)
- If you are currently undertaking an Apprenticeship this may affect funding, please contact us if this is the case
- We are unable to provide funding for learners living in some Mayoral Combined Authorities in England such as Cambridge and Peterborough. More about e-learning funding
- If you require any further help with this, please contact our Admissions Team on 01279 868100 or email:
Why study an e-Learning course?
- A wide range of courses
- More choice and flexibility of when and where you study
- Study anywhere at anytime
- Develop your skills
- On-going support from your personal assessor and tutor
- Improved career prospects