Dementia Care – Level 3
- Type: Free Courses for Jobs | Social Care | e-Learning
- Start Date: Throughout the year
- Duration: 18-20 weeks based on 4 hours of study a week
- Study Mode: Online Learning
- Full Fee: £0-£811
Applications for courses starting in September must be completed by Friday 30th June. Applications received after this date will go through our late interview and enrolment process. This may delay your course start date.
- Aged 19 or over on the 1st August 2021
- It may be helpful if you have already achieved a Level 2 qualification in a related subject.
About the course
Dementia is a global concern but it is most often seen in wealthier countries, where people are likely to live into very old age. The Alzheimer’s Society reports there are over 850,000 people living with dementia in the UK today. This course will help you to develop a detailed knowledge and understanding of caring for individuals with dementia including the types, effects and importance of early diagnosis, the role of communication, interaction and inclusion in dementia care and support and the use of medication to support individuals with dementia.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 3 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you, without the need to attend college
What you will learn
- Understanding dementia
- How person-centred approaches are used to underpin the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Supporting positive interaction, occupation and activity in dementia
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care and support
- How to support individuals with dementia to exercise choice and rights
- The administration of medication and well-being of individuals with dementia
How much does it cost?
The fee for this course is: £811
As part of the Free Courses for Jobs offer, the tuition fees for some courses are paid by the UK Government. You may be eligible for this funding if you:
- are 19 or over and do not already have a level 3 qualification, or
- already have a level 3 qualification or higher but earn below the National Living Wage annually (£20,319 from April 2022), or
- already have a level 3 qualification or higher but are unemployed
If you are not eligible for funding under the Free Courses for Jobs offer an Advanced Learner Loan may be available to help you cover the costs of learning, which you pay back when you are earning over a certain amount. 19 to 23 year olds will continue to be eligible for their first full level 3 via the adult education budget, and for any additional qualifications made available through this offer.