Dementia Care – Level 3
- Type: Training Voucher Courses | Social Care | e-Learning
- Start Date: Throughout the year
- Duration: 18-20 weeks based on 4 hours of study a week
- Study Mode: Online Learning
- Full Fee: £0-£811
Please note that all courses are subject to a minimum application number in order to run
- Aged 19 or over on the 1st August 2021
- It may be helpful if you have already achieved a Level 2 qualification in a related subject.
About the course
Dementia is a global concern but it is most often seen in wealthier countries, where people are likely to live into very old age. The Alzheimer’s Society reports there are over 850,000 people living with dementia in the UK today. This course will help you to develop a detailed knowledge and understanding of caring for individuals with dementia including the types, effects and importance of early diagnosis, the role of communication, interaction and inclusion in dementia care and support and the use of medication to support individuals with dementia.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 3 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you, without the need to attend college
What you will learn
- Understanding dementia
- How person-centred approaches are used to underpin the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Supporting positive interaction, occupation and activity in dementia
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care and support
- How to support individuals with dementia to exercise choice and rights
- The administration of medication and well-being of individuals with dementia
How much does it cost?
The fee for this course is: £811
If you are 19+ and living in Harlow this course is free with a Training Voucher of up to £1000 ((part of the UK Community Renewal Fund). With a training voucher this course is free.
Full funding is available for this course to any adult aged 24 and over who wants to achieve their first full level 3 qualification, which is equivalent to an advanced technical certificate or diploma, or two full A levels. 19 to 23 year olds will continue to be eligible for their first full level 3 via the adult education budget, and for any additional qualifications made available through this offer.
This course (diploma) can also be funded through an Advanced Learner Loan.
Contact Us or call 01279 868100 to get the most up-to-date info on fees and the financial support that may be available.