Behaviour that Challenges
- Type: Education & Learning | e-Learning
- Level: 2
- Start Date: Throughout the year
- Duration: 8-12 weeks based on 4 hours of study a week
- Study Mode: Online Learning
About the course
Challenging behaviour is causing increasing concern today, as many individuals have increasing levels of stress and uncertainty in their lives. This behaviour can be due to factors such as anxiety, neglect, abuse, learning disabilities and conditions like dementia. Understanding the causes of challenging behaviour is the first step towards finding ways to support individuals and manage their behaviour.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Improve your understanding of the reasons why individuals display behaviour that challenges and its impact
- Further your personal and professional development
- Be able to support individuals effectively
- Learn at a time that suits you, without the need to attend College
What you will learn
- Understand Behaviour That Challenges
- Understand How to Support Positive Behaviour
- Understand the Importance of Effective Communication and the Management of Behaviour That Challenges
- Understand the Role of Reflection and Support for Those Involved in Incidents of Behaviour that Challenges
How much does it cost?
This course is free* to study if you are:
- Aged 19 or over
- Living in UK and an EU resident for the last 3 years
- Have settled status in the UK if you are not a UK or EU national
*Costs for adult programmes has changed. If you live in a devolved area you may have to pay for your programme(s). This includes residents of Greater Cambridge and Peterborough.
If you currently reside in any of the devolved authorities listed below (based on you home postcode) your study with Harlow College is not eligible for AEB funding and you may be required to pay tuition fees:
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Greater Manchester
- Liverpool City Region
- Tees Valley
- West Midlands
- West of England
You may be eligible for funding from other providers.