Mental Health First Aid and Mental Health Advocacy in the Workplace
- Type: Health & Wellbeing | e-Learning
- Level: 2
- Start Date: Throughout the year
- Duration: 8-12 weeks based on 4 hours of study a week
- Study Mode: Online Learning
About the course
The Health and Safety Executive report that over 17.9 million working days were lost in 2020 due to work-related stress, depression and anxiety. It’s important that employers are transparent and open about mental health issues, and this qualification builds an understanding of mental health problems and the support available to colleagues.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Improve your understanding of the factors which may contribute to mental ill health and actions that can be taken as well as how to support individuals with mental ill health. You will learn about how to protect your own mental health and develop an understanding of mentally healthy environments and wellness action plans.
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you, without the need to attend College
What you will learn
- Exploring Mental Health
- Understand how to support individuals with mental ill health
- Understand a mentally healthy environment
How much does it cost?
This course is free* to study if you are:
- Aged 19 or over
- Living in UK and an EU resident for the last 3 years
- Have settled status in the UK if you are not a UK or EU national
*Costs for adult programmes has changed. If you live in a devolved area you may have to pay for your programme(s). This includes residents of Greater Cambridge and Peterborough.
If you currently reside in any of the devolved authorities listed below (based on you home postcode) your study with Harlow College is not eligible for AEB funding and you may be required to pay tuition fees:
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Greater Manchester
- Liverpool City Region
- Tees Valley
- West Midlands
- West of England
You may be eligible for funding from other providers.