Nutrition and Health
- Type: Health & Wellbeing | e-Learning
- Level: 2
- Start Date: Throughout the year
- Duration: 8-12 weeks based on 4 hours of study a week
- Study Mode: Online Learning
About the course
The number of obese people in the UK has more than trebled in the last 25 years, reaching what many doctors believe to be 'epidemic' proportions. Insufficient nutrition can lead to a variety of health-threatening conditions. Understanding the benefits of a balanced diet and the role of nutrition in the prevention and treatment of disease is fundamental.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you, without the need to attend college
- Increase your understanding of food safety for the home environment
What you will learn
- Explore Principles of Healthy Eating
- Consider Nutritional Needs of a Variety of Individuals
- Use Food and Nutrition Information to Plan a Healthy Diet
- The Principles of Weight Management
- Understanding Eating Disorders
How much does it cost?
This course is free* to study if you are:
- Aged 19 or over
- Living in UK and an EU resident for the last 3 years
- Have settled status in the UK if you are not a UK or EU national
*Costs for adult programmes has changed. If you live in a devolved area you may have to pay for your programme(s). This includes residents of Greater Cambridge and Peterborough.
If you currently reside in any of the devolved authorities listed below (based on you home postcode) your study with Harlow College is not eligible for AEB funding and you may be required to pay tuition fees:
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Greater Manchester
- Liverpool City Region
- Tees Valley
- West Midlands
- West of England
You may be eligible for funding from other providers.