- Type: Professional / Vocational | Part-time & Adult Courses | Teacher Training & Assessing Courses
- Level: 4
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: 25 February 2022
- Time: Friday – 9.30-12.30
- Duration: 1 day p/w for 4 weeks
- Full Fee: £390
About the course
A knowledge only Award for anyone starting their journey as a quality Assurance practitioner, i.e. senior teachers, trainers or assessors who need to know about quality assurance , but not carrying out IQA themselves. This Award consists of 1 unit.
How much does it cost?
Course fee: £390
Who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for you if:
- You are an experienced assessor, centre manager, HR or quality assurance team member wishing to know about Internal Quality Assurance, but not carrying this out yourself.
Learners will be invited to attend an initial induction session on a 1:1 basis, complete a skill scan and start a training plan for the course. Attendance of three 3-hour delivery sessions and further personal research and study is required. Each learner will have access to a personal tutor / assessor for delivery and 1:1 work.
Where will this course take me?
Level 4 Award or Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice. Teacher training qualifications.
- Understand the context and principles of internal quality assurance
- Understand how to plan the IQA of assessment
- Understand the techniques and criteria for monitoring the quality of assessment internally
- Understand how to internally maintain and improve the quality of assessment
- Understand how to manage information relevant to the IQA of assessment
- Understand legal and good practice requirements for the IQA of assessment
How will I be assessed?
Written responses to an assignment will be captured in an e portfolio system, which also provide online assessment decisions and feedback. A professional discussion will also be required. A CPD record and reflective journal will need to be completed.
Will I have to provide anything?
You will attend the course from home, so a device, such as a tablet or laptop would be essential to have, as well as a quite area to work from and a good Wi-Fi signal.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course