- Apply Now!
- Type: Teacher Training & Assessing | Level 4 & 5 Professional Diplomas | Professional / Vocational | Part-time & Adult Courses | Higher Education | Teacher Training & Assessing Courses
- Level: 5
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: 04 January 2023
- Time: 9:30 – 16:30
- Duration: 1 day per week (Wednesdays)
- Full Fee: £2,440
Applications for courses starting in September must be completed by Friday 30th June. Applications received after this date will go through our late interview and enrolment process. This may delay your course start date.
About the course
This course will prepare you with everything you need to start work in a full teaching/training role. You will learn and apply the practical and theoretical aspects of planning, teaching/training and assessing in Further and Adult Education or the private or public sector. This 55 week course is for perfect for anybody working either full or part-time in a full teacher, trainer or instructor role.
How much does it cost?
Who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for you if:
- You work as a teacher, trainer or instructor in the private or public sector or Further and Adult Education
- Have access to at least 100 hours of teaching, training or instructing groups over a twelve month period
- You have a Level 3 qualification in the subject you want to teach or substantial industry experience
- You hold a level 2 qualification or equivalent in English and maths.
The course offers a blended model of delivery, with weekly online live classes that support you with understanding the key topics and practising the skills you need to be successful in a training and teaching role. In the live classes you will be learning from both teacher input and from fellow students working in the same profession.
Skills you will develop:
- How to plan and deliver inclusive teaching and learning sessions
- Design creative and innovative resources
- Knowledge of the teaching profession and legislation
- How to ensure equality of opportunity in assessment practice
- Apply a range of effective behaviour management strategies
- How to support learners in the role of tutor
- Apply principles and practices of assessment
- Develop employability skills in learners
- Internally assure the quality of assessment
- Apply theories, principles and models in education and training
- Mentor colleagues
Where will this course take me?
QTLS / Certificate in Education / PGCE
- The roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Inclusive teaching and learning approaches
- Develop and prepare resources to support effective learning
- Wider professional practice
- Understanding and managing behaviour
- Preparing for the personal tutor role
- Understanding principles and practices of assessment
- Embedding employability skills
- Understanding the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment
- Theories, principles and models in education and training
- Preparing for the Mentoring Role
How will I be assessed?
Completion of eleven assignments and the creation of a portfolio of evidence which consists of:
- Eight one hour observations of your teaching
- Written work
- Video logs
- Weekly reflective journal
Will I have to provide anything?
You will attend the course from home, so a device, such as a tablet or laptop would be essential to have, as well as a quite area to work from and a good Wi-Fi signal.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course