- Type: Building Services, Electrical & Plumbing | Vocational Courses | Employers
- Level: 3
- Study Mode: Full-time
- Start: September 2024
- Duration: 1 Year – Including Employability
Please note that all courses are subject to a minimum number in order to run
About the course
This is as a practical, work-related course. You learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations. It covers the basic underpinning knowledge and technical practical skills needed to be an Electrician. The programme provides a good foundation for future careers opportunities or progression on to a more advanced work-related qualification.
Successful completion of the Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations. GCSE Grade 4 in English and Maths preferable together with site-based experience.
How much does it cost?
Free to those aged 16-18. If you are aged 19+ you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan.
There is a range of financial support that you may be entitled to, including: Learner Support funds, grants and bursaries and employer support.
Who is it suitable for?
Those who enjoy practical work and would like to further their electrical knowledge to gain employment.
City & Guilds
This practical, work-related course helps you learn through realistic workplace situations. It covers the basic underpinning knowledge and technical practical skills needed to be an Electrician. The programme provides a good foundation for future careers opportunities or progression on to a more advanced work-related qualification.
Where will this course take me?
Entry into an apprenticeship, opportunity to gain employment within the industry.
• Health and safety in construction
• The role of the Electrician
• Electrical science and principles
• Electrical wiring regulations
• Electrical testing
On this programme you will experience a wide range of learning activities (target centred), this will include:
- Practical workshop sessions
- Skill enhancement demonstrations
- Formal talks
- Individually based projects using specially designed learning materials on our Virtual Learning Environment.
How will I be assessed?
Practical workshop activities, Formal Lecturers, daily target achievement, use of specially designed learning materials, individual study, and modular, within and outside programme hours.
- Continuous assessment of practical activities and job related knowledge
- External multi-choice on-line examinations
- Internal Practical Assignments
Will I have to provide anything?
Textbooks, uniform, boots, tool kit, pens, stationery and folders. Approx cost £150.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course