- Apply Now!
- Type: Teacher Training & Assessing | Professional / Vocational | Part-time & Adult Courses | Higher Education | Teacher Training & Assessing Courses
- Level: 4
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: 29 September 2022
- Time: 16:00 – 19:00
- Duration: 1 day per week (Thursdays)
- Full Fee: £950
Applications for courses starting in September must be completed by Friday 30th June. Applications received after this date will go through our late interview and enrolment process. This may delay your course start date.
About the course
This course will prepare you with everything you need to start work in a full teaching/training role. You will learn and apply the practical and theoretical aspects of planning, teaching/training and assessing in Further and Adult Education or the private or public sector. This 30 week course is for perfect for anybody working either full or part-time in a full teacher, trainer or instructor role.
How much does it cost?
The fee for this course is: £950
Contact Us or call 01279 868100 to get the most up-to-date info on fees and the financial support that may be available.
Who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for you if:
- You work as a teacher, trainer or instructor in the private or public sector or Further and Adult Education
- Have access to at least 30 hours of teaching, training or instructing groups over a twelve month period
- Are not currently teaching or training but has access to voluntary work that meets the requirements of the course
- Are currently working as an assessor but has access to teaching, training or instructing work that meets the requirements of the course
The course offers a blended model of delivery, with weekly online live classes that support you with understanding the key topics and practising the skills you need to be successful in a training and teaching role. In the live classes you will be learning from both teacher input and from fellow students working in the same profession.
Skills you will develop:
- Know the roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer in relation to legislation, equality, diversity, inclusivity and meeting the needs of learners.
- Use initial and diagnostic assessments and plan and deliver inclusive teaching and learning
- How to plan inclusive sessions that motivate learners
- Apply appropriate training and teaching approaches
- Make formative and summative assessments of learning
- Use appropriate resources to support effective learning
- How to use digital applications to support training and teaching
- How to evaluate training and teaching sessions and identify improvements
Where will this course take me?
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
- The roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Planning inclusive teaching and learning approaches
- Assessment of learners
- Use of resources
- Understanding and managing behaviour
- Preparing for the personal tutor role
- Understanding principles and practices of assessment
- Embedding employability skills
How will I be assessed?
Completion of eight assignments and the creation of a portfolio of evidence which consists of:
- Three one hour observations of your teaching
- Written work
- Video logs
- Reflective journal
Will I have to provide anything?
You will attend the course from home, so a device, such as a tablet or laptop would be essential to have, as well as a quite area to work from and a good Wi-Fi signal.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course