- Level: 4
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: 28 September 2023
- Time: 16:00 – 19:00
- Duration: 1 day per week (Thursdays)
- Full Fee: £950
About the course
This course will prepare you with everything you need to start work in a full teaching/training role. You will learn and apply the practical and theoretical aspects of planning, teaching/training and assessing in Further and Adult Education or the private or public sector. This 30 week course is for perfect for anybody working either full or part-time in a full teacher, trainer or instructor role.
How much does it cost?
The fee for this course is: £950
Contact Us or call 01279 868100 to get the most up-to-date info on fees and the financial support that may be available.
Who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for you if:
- You work as a teacher, trainer or instructor in the private or public sector or Further and Adult Education
- Have access to at least 30 hours of teaching, training or instructing groups over a twelve month period
- Are not currently teaching or training but has access to voluntary work that meets the requirements of the course
- Are currently working as an assessor but has access to teaching, training or instructing work that meets the requirements of the course
The course offers a blended model of delivery, with weekly online live classes that support you with understanding the key topics and practising the skills you need to be successful in a training and teaching role. In the live classes you will be learning from both teacher input and from fellow students working in the same profession.
Skills you will develop:
- Know the roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer in relation to legislation, equality, diversity, inclusivity and meeting the needs of learners.
- Use initial and diagnostic assessments and plan and deliver inclusive teaching and learning
- How to plan inclusive sessions that motivate learners
- Apply appropriate training and teaching approaches
- Make formative and summative assessments of learning
- Use appropriate resources to support effective learning
- How to use digital applications to support training and teaching
- How to evaluate training and teaching sessions and identify improvements
Where will this course take me?
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
- The roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Planning inclusive teaching and learning approaches
- Assessment of learners
- Use of resources
- Understanding and managing behaviour
- Preparing for the personal tutor role
- Understanding principles and practices of assessment
- Embedding employability skills
How will I be assessed?
Completion of eight assignments and the creation of a portfolio of evidence which consists of:
- Three one hour observations of your teaching
- Written work
- Video logs
- Reflective journal
Will I have to provide anything?
You will attend the course from home, so a device, such as a tablet or laptop would be essential to have, as well as a quite area to work from and a good Wi-Fi signal.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course