- Type: Part-time Evening Courses | Free Courses for Jobs | Part-time & Adult Courses
- Level: 2
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Time: 6-9pm
- Duration: 1 year – Wednesday and Thursday evening. Term Time Only
About the course
This course is for anyone who is looking to work in the construction sector as a site carpenter. The course will equip you with the basic skills needed to become a carpenter and will aid your progression at work or onto a higher level course.
How much does it cost?
Unemployed, in Receipt of Benefits or Earn less than £18,525 – FREE
Employed - £1285
Safety boots – approx. £20
City & Guilds
You will learn how to use and maintain a range of Carpentry hand tools safely. You will gain an understanding of the properties of the wood and how to work with it to get the best results. You will also learn safe use of Carpentry power tools and how to use them to perform different tasks.
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
- Principles of Building
- Carry out first fix flooring and roofing
- Carry out first fix frames, partitions and stairs
- Carry out second fix operations
- Carry out carpentry operations
- Set up and use a circular saw
How will I be assessed?
- Practical assessments
- Multiple choice knowledge assessments
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course