- Type: Pathways to Further Education | Vocational Courses
- Level: 1
- Study Mode: Full-time
- Start Date: throughout the year
Please note that all courses are subject to a minimum number in order to run
About the course
This programme develops confidence and self esteem as well as self-awareness. It allows students to develop skills that they will use in employment or on further courses. Students also spend time researching courses and/or employment that they may wish to move on to on completion of the programme.
Level 1 Certificate in Progression
You must be 16-18 years old.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Entry will be decided through an interview process which will ensure the team can meet learner needs and aspirations.
- Become familiar with College study
- Make friends, improve your confidence & self-esteem
- To gain an insight into the career options and choices available to you
- Receive support in applying for a course at College
- Support in applying for jobs
- Food hygiene activities in the skills kitchen
- Enrichment opportunities
- Community work
Where will this course take me?
Students can move on from this course into employment in a variety of sectors or to further programmes of study linked to their career goals.
- Drug awareness (3 credits)
- Alcohol awareness (3 credits)
- Diversity in society (3 credits)
- Communication for group and teamwork (3 credits)
- Developing confidence and self-awareness (3 credits)
- E-safety (3 credits)
- Basic Food prep (3 credits)
How will I be assessed?
Will I have to provide anything?
- Deposit for an iPad
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course