- Type: Vocational Courses | IT, Computing & Cyber Security
- Level: 1
- Study Mode: Full-time
- Start: September 2024
- Duration: 1 Year 2.5 days p/w
Please note that all courses are subject to a minimum number in order to run
About the course
A practical, work-related course introducing you to IT and the industry’s employment opportunities. You will gain a solid foundation in IT and also cover personal and social development.
GCSEs grades1-2 or E to G or equivalent, including Foundation Awards and Entry Level qualifications.
How much does it cost?
Courses are free to 16-18 year olds. Reduced fees may be available for 19+ learners.
This course can lead you into entry level jobs in a variety of information technology and business environments.
Where will this course take me?
Successfully passing the Level 1 Introductory Diploma will also give you the opportunity to enrol on to the following Level 2 course:
- Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Information and Creative Technology (BTEC)
- Being Organised
- Developing a Personal Organised Plan
- Working with Others
- Researching a Topic
- Creating a spreadsheet
- Creating a website
- Developing Digital Information Using IT
- Creating a mood board
- Advising others about a healthy lifestyle
- Communicating with customers
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed in a variety of ways that could include:
- Carrying out practical tasks
- Present information that you have gathered
- Keep working logbooks, records, and journals
- Practising English and mathematical skills
- Taking part in oral or written presentations
- Taking part in role play, interviews and other activities
Will I have to provide anything?
DBS fee approximately £45. Compulsory trips approximately £35. Non-compulsory trips approximately £100.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course