- Apply Now
- Type: Up-skill Your Workforce | Childcare | Vocational Courses | Professional / Vocational | Part-time & Adult Courses
- Level: 2
- Study Mode: Part-time 1 day a week in College
Applications for courses starting in September must be completed by Friday 30th June. Applications received after this date will go through our late interview and enrolment process. This may delay your course start date.
About the course
This course offers learners first-hand experience of working in the education sector, whilst learning the knowledge and putting it into practice. Many students find part-time or full employment from the course whilst volunteering in the setting.
Secure a placement for at least 2 days a week that will enable all criteria to be covered.
There is an expectation you will be either volunteering or employed within a school setting prior to enrolling on this course as there is a requirement to undertake at least 100 hours of work experience during the course.
Who is it suitable for?
Adults who would like a change of career
How much does it cost?
The fee for this course is: £633
This course is free if you meet any one of the criteria below:
- In receipt of benefits
- Earns less than £20,319
Contact Us or call 01279 868100 to get the most up-to-date info on fees and the financial support that may be available.
Where will this course take me?
You can progress onto Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools – Adult Course Level 3
- SWSC1: Understand schools and colleges as organisations
- SWSC2: Understand children and young people’s development
- SWSC5: Safeguarding children and young people
- STL2C4: Equality, diversity and inclusion in a learning environment for children and young people
- STL2C5: Maintain relationships with children and young people
- STL2C6: Support the health and safety of children and young people
- STL2C7: Support positive behaviour in a learning environment for children and young people
- STL2C8: Contribute to teamwork in a learning environment
- STL2C9: Understand children and young people’s play and leisure
- STL2C10: Promote an effective learning environment
- STL2C11: Provide displays in a learning environment
How will I be assessed?
Written work and observations
Will I have to provide anything?
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course